Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Sort of packed

I've been pretending to be busy this week, but I read an entire book yesterday instead of packing. It was nice. I do have all of my clothes and other essentials for the CA trip all laid out and ready to pack. I got my plane ticket in the mail last weekend, and I'm leaving for LA come Monday morning. I have a one hour layover in Denver...wish it was a little longer so I could have time to visit with Christy and Haley while I'm in Colorado, but I'll be busy trying to make the connecting flight. Christy, you can't say I wasn't in Denver this summer! ;-)

Along with my plane tickets, I got a staff letter, a list of what to pack, and two deliciously plastic green luggage tags. I was slightly alarmed when the "what to bring" list included a sleeping bag, but then I saw that was "optional for camping overnights at the Vermont and Michigan campuses." Whew. Yeah, I'm not much of a camper. At least not for more than a day or two. I'll leave that kind of stuff to the other campuses.

I like how they instruct on how many pairs of underwear to bring. I think I can figure that out on my own, thanks...and I'm packing extra, just in case. Clean panties are an essential on my list.

So, just a few more days here in KC, then it's on to California. I have the theme song from the OC stuck in my head now. I hope the kids don't expect the dorms to be as posh as the houses on that show.