Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Not such a good time for a nap

One of the students in the class I teach assist fell asleep during the final today. I was walking around the auditorium, making sure nobody was cheating, and I saw this poor little soul with his head back and eyes closed. At first I thought maybe he was just trying to visualize the answer to one of the test questions or something, but he stayed like that for about 10 minutes and jolted awake when the person sitting behind him got up to leave. I looked over every now and then to make sure he didn't fall asleep again...wouldn't want him to sleep through the entire final. I don't think I've ever seen someone actually fall asleep during a final exam like that. I know I pulled a few all-nighters in my undergrad days during finals week, but luckily I didn't fall asleep during any tests. I did fall asleep a few times in between classes, though...there were comfy couches in the editing rooms at my college. Ah, those were the days.