An accidental day off (sort of)
KU cancelled its classes on the Lawrence campus today, so I'm at home working (I use that word very loosely, as you may have already noticed). It's pretty much unheard of for them to cancel classes...even when there's a foot of ice on the ground, we still have to be there. Unfortunately, a tornado took care of that protocol. I'm glad nobody was seriously injured, from what news coverage I've read. Still, the reports say that the university has $6 million in damages. Ouch. I'm curious to see what the campus looks like today, but I'll wait until I'm there tomorrow to find out. At least KU had a good men's basketball weekend, eh? Normally that wouldn't be much consolation, but this is KU we're talking about here. They take their basketball very seriously, those crazy peeps. (but not me, of course. No, not me. Ha.)So, today I'm hanging out at home. No tornado damage going on here, although the sirens did jolt me out of bed around 8 a.m. yesterday. That was fun, considering I live in an upstairs apartment with no basement. The only very minor damage the tornado warning did to my property was, well, my own fault. That's all I'm going to say about that. Hehe.
On a completely different topic, this weekend my dad actually said, "It's hard out here for a pimp." He was referring to the new minivan he and my mom got this weekend to replace my mom's minivan that got totalled. He said that to me and my brother, Bryan, when he was showing my brother the new van and I had just said that it was pimped out. All I could do was laugh and say, "I can't believe my dad just said that." My family is odd.
Now it's back to editing the final draft of my evolution story. I had high hopes for this story when I first started out on it. Now my main goal is simply for it not to totally suck. I've discovered that this is easier said than done. I've still got a day or so to fine-tune it, though, so all hope is not lost. Wish me luck.


<< Home