Sunday, May 28, 2006

Summer on notice

I was at the pool on Saturday with a few of my cousins who were in town for the weekend. I was trying to relax and lay out by the pool when a wasp buzzed dangerously close to me, which means that it was within 50 feet of me. When I saw it coming near, I jumped up from my chair to prepare myself for fight or flight. I chose flight, of course, because there's no reasoning with those evil things, and I don't really know how to fight a wasp without a can of wasp spray. It's not like I can punch it or break out the kung fu skills that I don't have.

That brush with death (okay, not really, but humor me) reminded me of how much I do not like bees and wasps, so I'm putting them on notice for the summer season. Maybe I should take a can of wasp spray with me to the pool this week.