The heat is on
Last night we had our first in-duplex fire. It was totally awesome. It was contained in the oven, so no big deal. Brandon (happy birthday, by the way) was the one who discovered it when he opened the oven door and saw flames coming from what was previously a puddle of butter in the aluminum sheet holding some bread. His first reaction was to close the oven door. I walked over to the kitchen to help put it out as the smoke detector went off in the dining room. I think Janelle and Amanda were in the living room when it went off. Brandon and I were both very laidback about the incident. Our conversation went something like this:Brandon: There's a fire in the oven.
Me: Yeah...we should put it out.
Brandon: Yeah.
Me: (after looking in the cupboards for something to put it out with) Here's some baking soda.
Brandon: Thanks. (he then poured some of it on the fire and put it out, then got the pan out of the oven) I think the bread is done.
Me: That was awesome.
The bread was a little crispy around the edges and had a dusting of baking powder on it in some places, but people ate it anyways. Hey, at least we all know that the smoke detector works now.
The rest of the dinner went well. Brandon's mom made dinner for everyone and it was so very tasty. I've never had homemade Greek food before. I definitely recommend it.
Later on that night after everyone had gone home, I went outside to clean a smooshed spider off our front door. As I was out there, another spider came by and crawled near my hair, which I did not appreciate. I was very brave about it, though. My roommates may tell you otherwise, but don't listen to them. Amanda and Janelle were both in awe of my courage; they just don't want to admit it.


<< Home