Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Sock it to me

One more week and I'm done with classes forever. Woo-hoo!

I'm getting really pumped about knitting socks. I heart socks. Especially fun, colorful, and/or funky socks. Gwen, one of the women in the knitting circle I've recently joined, was kind enough to give me some awesome sock yarn to get started on my first pair. I'm hoping to get started next week, but I may have to wait until after finals. I'll post photos of my first sock once I get it going.

After I finish my first pair, you can bet your ass that I'm going to knit some more. Be prepared to see my feet adorned with quirky-fun socks in the near future. I never realized the massive amounts of cool sock yarn available for knitting. This could be dangerous. It literally rocks my socks off. Okay, not literally. I just wrote that for Janelle because she loves it when people abuse the use of the word "literally." Anyway, here's just a small sampling of what's out there in the world of sock yarn: